The Portland Water Bureau is rapidly pushing forward with a water filtration facility that will add chemicals, likely cost over a Billion dollars, and dramatically increase rates.
A better solution is readily available.
• A Huge Increase in Rates.
The average household increase will be over $429 per year at a minimum and that's if they stay on budget. (Read More...)
• Filtration - the Most Expensive Option at potentially over $1.2 Billion!
Of all the EPA approved methods, PWB has chosen the most expensive option. (Read More...)
• Dwindling Customer Base Means More $$$ per Customer.
An exodus of wholesale clients. (Read More...)
• Filtration Adds More Chemicals to Drinking Water
Questions on the safety of additional chemicals in our drinking water. (Read More...)
• Chemical Handling and Risk Assessment
Thousands of tons of chemicals traveling roadways and handling onsite offers additional risks. (Read More...)
• Adds Waste to Landfills
Typical filtration plants of this size generate 3600+ cubic yards of additional waste which will be headed to landfills during annual operations. (Read More)
There are Better Options:
UV or UV/OZONE Combination
A safer, more cost effective option. (Read More...)